Does Your Pet Have Medication(s)? Please list them and the frequency of use.
The goal of Puppywood Pet Resort (PPR) is to provide a safe, fun and stimulating social environment for dogs and cats. To ensure the safety and health of your pet and of our other guests, we require all of our guests to comply with the following:
RESERVATIONS: All boaring, daycare, and grooming is by reservation only. Make your reservations as far in advance as possible. Holidays often book up months in advance and weekends fill up weeks in advance, so PLAN AHEAD!
SHOTS: PROOF OF CURRENT VACCINATIONS IS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION-BRING THEM WITH YOU! Your dog's/cat's registration process is not complete without proof of current vaccinations, including:
DISTEMBER/PARVO-VIRUS– required, and MUST BE CURRENT
RABIES: required on dogs over 4 months of age, and MUST BE CURRENT
BORDETELLA: (to prevent kennel cough) intranasal vaccine required, and MUST BE CURRENT
Vaccinations must be given at least 48 hours prior to attending PPR (7-14 days recommended). If your dog is under doctor's orders not to be re-vaccinated, please supply a not from your vet. Follow your veterinarian's recommendation(s) for vaccinations; they may differ from our require-ments. Maintaining your dog's vaccination and vaccination records is YOUR responsibility as a pet owner. PPR will NOT be responsible for calling your vet to confirm vaccinations. If you cannot provide proof of current vaccinations, your dog will be turned away.
FLEAS: All dogs must be current on a flea prevention such as Frontline, Advantage, or Revolution. Tick prevention is highly recommended. If your dog is not currently protected from fleas, for your convenience, we can administer Frontline Plus on intake, at your expense.
COLLARS: All dogs must wear a properly fitted nylon or leather collar during their stay. Chokers and harnesses present a hazard to the dogs during playgroup and must be removed on arrival. Please be aware that collars may be damaged during play– please provide an inexpensive col-lar that you are not concerned about being destroyed. Owners who do not provide an appropriate collar at drop off will be charged for the pur-chase of an appropriate collar for daycare identification and safety.
LEASHES: All dogs must be restrained by carrier or leash during arrival, departure, and at all times while on PPR property. DO NOT LET YOUR DOG RUN LOOSE WHILE ON OUR PROPERTY, as it poses a safety risk to other customers and dogs, and causes unnecessary chaos. Failure to comply will result in your dog being banned.
HEALTH: All dogs must be in good health. Owners will need to certify that their dogs are in good health and have not been ill with a communi-cable condition in the last 30 days. On admission, all dogs must be free from any condition, which would potentially jeopardize other guests We highly recommend that your dog be spayed or neutered. I understand if I choose to bring my unsprayed female to PPR, I am fully responsible for and aware of the possibility of pregnancy.
HEALTH &WELL-BEING: Owner authorizes PPR to do whatever it deems necessary for the health and well-being of the dog(s)/cat(s). In the event the pet becomes ill or injured, PPR shall notify the owner, and if the owner cannot be contacted or reached, or if an emergency situation exists which requires immediate action, PPR is authorized to engage the services of a veterinarian– of it's choosing, or to administer medicine or give such other attentive care for the animal that appears reasonably advisable. Owner shall pay such costs as a reimbursement to PPR immedi-ately upon pick-up of the pet or when the services have been completed.
MEDICATIONS: We are happy to give medication to your dog at no extra charge. All medication must come in a clearly marked container (preferably the original container– NO BAGGIES PLEASE!) with the following information clearly marked on the container: Pet's Name, Name of Mecication & Strength, Dosage per day or "if needed" (let us know at drop off what doses have already been given that day)
DAYCARE/BOARDING EVALUATION: A daycare evaluation is REQUIRED for all dogs prior to the first overnight stay. BEHAVIOR: All dogs must be non-aggressive. Owners will need to certify that their dog(s) have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior towards any person. Aggressive behavior towards other dog(s) must be documented. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior that cannot be managed safely will be banned from future stays at PPR.
BILLING POLICIES: Payment for all services is required when you pick up your dog(s)/cat(s). We accept Vist, Mastercard, American Express, Debit/Check Cards, Checks and Cash. Any returned checks will incur a $30 fee and will prohibit you from using checks again.
DAMAGES: We have the right to refuse services. Heavily destructive dogs will be banned from future stays at our facility.
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring collar, leash, food, treats, and any medication needed for your dog. If enough food is not provided– we will pro-vide and charge accordingly. We supply all bedding, toys, and bowls. Do NOT bring rawhide bones or foam/unwashable beds. Please clearly mark all belongings with your dog's name. Personal bowls will be returned at drop off– all bowls are cleaned after each meal making them easy to mis-place– please leave them at home. We are not responsible for any items logs or destroyed.
I entrust Puppywood Pet Resort (PPR) to care for my dog(s)/cat(s) for his/her boarding/daycare/grooming stay and agree to all of the terms and conditions set forth in the "Rules of the Game" and this Service Agreement. I understand that these agreements shall govern each time my dog stays at PPR.
1. PPR agrees to provide day care, boarding, and/or grooming for the animal(s) set forth in the dog/cat profile, and to provide other services as agreed to by and between the dog/cat owner and PPR at the rate agreed upon.
2. The parties understand and acknowledge that PPR has agreed to render services as described herein based upon the owner's representa-tion that the dog is healthy and has received all required and customary vaccinations, does not suffer from any disability, illness, behavior-al characteristics or conditions which would adversely affect another pet being cared for or by PPR.
3. Owner further assures PPR that the owner's pet is not aggressive, and has not at anytime in the past harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior towards any other person or pet. Owner further assures PPR that there is no history of the animal(s) destructive behavior as a result of being confined in a small area. Not withstanding such assurances, if the dog(s)/cat(s) behavior results in any injury to persons, pets, or property, the owner shall bear the full expenses resulting from such conduct.
4. Owner understands that there are inherent and potential risks involved with interactions between humans and dogs, as well as between dogs and other dogs. Owner assumes and understands that the pet is in an environment where other pets shall be located together in a social atmosphere, and PPR, it's owners, or staff, shall not be liable for the damage caused to the animal by injury or escape or other epi-sodes, which may or may not be caused by or from another animal. Owner agrees that the owners shall remain liable for any damages that the animal may cause, including injury, bites, aggressive behavior, damage to property or other animals. Owners agrees that PPR, it's owners, and staff shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the animal by any cause, including (but not limited to) fire, theft, sickness or escape of animal, and bodily injury to human or animal.
5. The pet may be isolated and kept apart from other animals, should PPR in its reasonable belief or the reasonable belief of its employees or other agents, determine that the animal may be in danger or may endanger other animals by virtue of it's conduct, behavior, or aggres-sive propensities. Owner understands PPR desires to maintain the health, reasonable care and comfort of all animals within its care facili-ty, and to adequately provide for the safe keeping of such animals in which they have in custody.
6. Unless agreed to in writing, the owner entrusts PPR in caring for the owner's pet(s). Should any decision affecting the handling of the pet become necessary as the result of inclement weather or other natural causes relating to such decision, PPR, its agents, and employees shall use reasonable judgment given the circumstances of the event or happening. (Example: We have the right to move your dog to an-other facility, in the case of a fire or other natural disaster at our facility.)
7. PPR shall not be held responsible in the event that a female dog does become pregnant during her stay at PPR.
8. PPR will not release your dog to anyone but you without prior written notification.
9. Owner agrees not to neglect to pick up their at the scheduled pick up time without providing notification of the change. Any dog that is left at PPR without any contact, instruction, or notification of owner, of the ability, willingness, or plans to pick him/her up by the owner by the owner or owner designee, will be considered to be abandoned upon the seventh day of such notification failure. Owner under-stands that if owner abandons their dog at PPR, PPR will, by default, become the legal owner and guardian of the dog. PPR will, in its sole discretion, determine whether to try to rehome and adopt the dog or will relinquish the dog to an unrelated shelter of its choice. Owner understands that in the case of abandonment, they may be unable to retrieve possession of the dog and will have no recourse against PPR.